- Naofumi Iwatani– The Hero of the Kitchen. Past experience with Bitch has made him dark and cynical. Still a generally nice person. His alcohol constitution is god-tier. Out of the Heroes, he is the only one who has learned the written language, and the only one who doesn’t need a crystal ball for magic. He is also the only one who treated the world as a world and not a game. He has thus learned to manually concoct medicine and scavenge for materials, something the other heroes left to their weapons. His cooking skill makes him an ungodly chef. He unlocked the weapon systems of the other heroes, something they were too stubborn to do. In his old world, he was not killed. The Main Character, by the way. The sin he has unlocked is Wrath (Against the people of the world). After overcoming his Wrath, he unlocked the virtue of Compassion. Itsuki notes that it is possible that he has certain ESP, causing him to be a perpetual Agro.
- Motoyasu Kitamura– The Hero of the Crotch… I mean spear… Same thing, really. A nice person who is easily fooled. He was an idiot who will listen to anything a woman says. His connection to Bitch made him a sort of antagonist, but he was really more of a nuisance. He was a skirt chaser who hit on both Raphtalia and Firo the second he laid eyes on them (well, in Firo’s case, the second he laid eyes on her human form). In his old world, he was stabbed by a yandere for cheating on her. He is the oldest hero. He is now officially broken, and has developed an obsession for Filo Rials. He can now only see women as pigs in the literal sense. He raised tan army of Filo Rials because he couldn’t get Firo’s attention. His sins are Lust (For Firo) and Envy (For Naofumi’s position of being loved by Firo).
- Ren Amagi– The Hero of the Sword. A lone wolf, though he cares for his comrades to some extent, he does not get close to them. He is terrible at team play. He carelessly killed the old Gaelion. In his old world, he failed to save his childhood friend and was instead killed in the process of her rescue. He is the youngest hero. The world he came from was a futuristic one in which Virtual Reality was standard fare. Naofumi once noted that if he crossdressed, no one would suspect he was male. After his companions die, he fell into despair, and thus he followed Bitch when she offered kind words to him. After being abandoned by her, he had a brief stint as a bandit, after which he came under Female Knight’s tutelage. His sins are Greed (For Power) and Gluttony (For Power).
- Itsuki Kawasumi(Perfect Hidden Justice)– The Hero of the Bow. Rumored to be the strongest Hero. He has a messiah complex, and is pretty much a justice maniac. He vanquishes (So called) evildoers without thinking of the consequences of his actions. However, this is just because he is immature. He doesn’t actually have any bad intentions. In his old world, he was killed when a large truck took a sudden left turn (In Japan, you drive on the left side of the road, so a left turn can be unforeseen). Though Naofumi thought he came from a normal world, he comes from a futuristic one with 30TB Harddrives, and ESPers. His ESP is Accuracy, which increases his concentration and accuracy. Due to the events of the Justice Rebellion, he is currently broken, in that he will agree to whatever anyone asks him to do. He is under Rishia’s care at Naofumi’s village. His curse has mostly healed, but he’s still faithful to the village for unknown reasons.
Seven Star Heroes
- Alps (Real Name Fohl)– The Hero of the Gauntlet. A Hakuko (White Tiger) demi-human who cared for nothing but protecting his sister. Upon her loss, he swore to treat everyone around him as dearly as he treated her. He now is friendly to Naofumi, because he’s the one his sister loved
- Trash (Former AultClay Melromarc XXXII)– The Hero of the Cane, and former wise king of Melromarc. Clearly, his rationality has decreased with years. He hates the Shield Hero because he fought a war with Siltwelt, a country that worships him. As punishment for his discrimination against Naofumi, his name has been left in its current state and he has been demoted. He is of Faubley royalty, and he left for Melromark, because he couldn’t stand their lenient policy towards Demi-Humans. His parents were killed by members of the Hakukos, and no one stepped forward to take any action against them. So he fought, and fought, and eventually came to be known as the enemy of the entire Hakuko Race. But his beloved sister went missing by Hakuko hands, and he never saw her again. He’s most likely Atlas and Fohl’s uncle. The Name AultClay comes with the title of King. His original name was Luge Lancarose.
- Rishia Ivyred– The Hero of the Projectile. The daughter of a fallen noble. She was at the bottom of the pecking order, but stayed with Itsuki because she felt in debt to him. Naofumi recruited her after she was abandoned by the bow due to the similarities in their situations. She is a Jack of all Trades, and can cast Magic, Heal and use a sword. This quality also extends to her magic, and she can control most magic attributes to some extent. While this means that she cannot get very powerful in a specific element, she can use complex synthesis spells. She has also begin training in Hengen Musou, and has been called a genius by her teacher. After acquiring the penguin plushy, she has gotten herself into cosplay, and currently wears the Filo Rial suit into battle.
- Midori– The Hero of the Axe. A Filo Rial King who was among the first three Motoyasu bought. He is green in color, hence his name. In battle, he fights in human form, swinging around his axe. He can also use poison, and control the decay of objects. Despite his gender, he’s gunning for Motoyasu’s D.
- Taniko (Real name Wyndia)– The Hero of the Whip, though she doesn’t want to be. A girl who is good at raising monsters. Abandoned as a child, she was raised by Gaelion. But crazy things happen on the mountain, and it was up to Gaelion to protect her new home. After Gaelion died, she was captured and sold off as a slave. Through a turn of luck, she ended up at Naofumi’s village.
The reason she is called Valley girl is because of this movie scene :
- Raphtalia– The Hero of the Hammer. A Tanuki Demi-human. Naofumi picked her up when she was a slave and pretty much raised her. She want’s Naofumi to look at her as an adult. Her real age is around 10 but she looks around 20 as Demi-humans age as they level. She uses a sword and illusion (Light and Dark) magic, but has begun to be able to use a wider variety of magic types after the Class Up. Under the tutelage of the Melromark Court Magician, she studied magic, and learned Hengen Musou from the combat instructor.
- Firo– The Hero of the Claw. A Filo Rial Queen. Naofumi bought her egg from the same slave trader that he got Raphtalia from. She is an incredibly rare species, with the only other known Queen being the one that leads all Filo Rials, Fitoria and the Filo Rials raised by Motoyasu. Perhaps all Filo Rials raised by heroes become royalty. The author has personally likened her to the Angel/Fallen Angel/Arch Angel/Giant Mecha Robot Flonne from Disgaea in looks. Her age in months can be counted on two hands. She attacks with Kicks and can use some types of magic. She dreams to one day be able to spit poison. When Naofumi went insane, he granted her the ability to fly.
- Fitoria– The Hero of the carriage, and a damn fine carriage it is. I mean look at that thing. How could any Filo Rial resist the urge to pull that carriage. She’s a Filo Rial Queen, and despite her ability to use human speech, she refrains from doing so due to a vow with a Hero of the past.
- Glass– The Hero of the Fan. Not a Hero of this world. She is a spirit from the world connected through the wave. She was able to defeat the Sword, Lance and Bow single-handedly, but lost to Naofumi.
- Tact – The Hero of the Whip, Claw, Projectile, Axe, Hammer, Cane(For like 5 minutes), Gauntlets(even less time), and Shield (?). A Super Genius(Lol) native to this world. He accomplished feats befitting of a genius, and learned how to take control of other legendary weapons. An antagonist, who the other heroes suspect to be a reincarnated individual from a modern world. After instigating a rebellion against the order of the World, he was defeated, and executed.
- The Shield
- All have been selected as Heroes at this point.
- The Lance
- Kuu (Red), Marin (Blue)– Filo Rials that follow Motoyasu. They are the only named ones among his flock, and are of the three original eggs Motoyasu bought, alongside Midori. Kuu fights with Kicks, and fire breath attacks, while Marin fights by throwing feathers, and using long-ranged magic.
- Other Filo Rials– The man has his own army, and they’re all of Filo Rial royalty. These guys also try to get Naofumi’s attention, as getting Motoyasu’s is way too easy. Note, Motoyasu has not done this and that or even THAT to them, because he treats them as children. They are a few months younger than Firo, who he does want to do that with.
- The Sword
- Female Knight (Real Name Eclaire Seattle)–
A knight sent by the Queen to watch over Naofumi’s progress in the village. Is amazed by the behavior of Naofumi’s monsters. She has leaned the basics of Hengen Musou swordsmanship, and can see the flow of magic. Otherwise, she is mostly self taught. She is the daughter of the previous lord of the land Naofumi rules over.
- Gaelion– A dragon with the body of a child and the mind of an adult. He houses the spirit of Taniko’s father, also called Gaelion. His original mind is still intact, though. He competes with Firo for Naofumi’s attention, though Naofumi doesn’t particularly want to give it to either of them. He goes KYUA.
- Gaelion– A dragon who is a fragment of the Dragon Emperor. He took in Taniko as a child, and raised her. Eventually, he was killed by Ren. His soul now resides in the other Gaelion. He goes GYAU.
- Female Knight (Real Name Eclaire Seattle)–
- The Queen (Real name Mirellia Q. Melromarc)– The true power behind the crown and a generally just ruler. She works on diplomatic relations while her husband runs internal affairs. She is as just as manipulative as her older daughter, but puts her skills to more benevolent use. She loves to hear the legends of the original four heroes, however is saddened that the current generation isn’t living up to their name. Her specialty is Fire and Ice magic.
- Melty Melromarc– The younger Princess, and a target of an assassination plot. As she was raised by the queen, her personality is quite normal if not a bit sheltered. Due to her mother’s influence she has grown up hearing tales of the legendary heroes. She is Firo’s best friend.She is an adept mage that specializes in ice magic
and a bit of earth. She may or may not be a Tsundere.
- SmithBro (Real name unknown, usually referred to as Old Man)–
He runs a forge in Melromarc. The only person who believed in The Hero of the Shield after he was falsely accused by Bitch. He made most if not all of the equipment worn by Naofumi as well as his carriage. Also responsible for teaching Raphtalia the basics of Swordsmanship. His skills come from a blacksmith from the east.
He wants Naofumi to find another blacksmith as he believes his skill
to be sub-par.
- Slave Dealer– He sells slaves, among other things. Despite his appearance and his trade, he is an honest salesman and the person who sold Naofumi Raphtalia and Firo. He also conducts slave and monster seal rituals for hum. Upon Naofumi’s orders, he has begun searching for and collecting the slaves who were formerly villagers of Rfatalia’s village. He has an uncle who’s appearance is identical to his own living in Zeltburg.
- Elena Haven(Woman 1)– After cutting ties from Motoyasu, she began working for her father’s business. She is a lazy person who wants to live the easy life. Her specialty as an adventurer was Swordsmanship, with a bit of magic.
- Kiel– A girl who wants to become a hard-boiled man of the sea. No, she truly believed she WAS a hard-boiled MAN of the sea. An effective reverse trap, who refers to Naofumi as Shield Nii-chan. She has gained the ability to transform into a dog. In this form, she looks like a Siberian Husky puppy. She also gained the ability to turn into a Cerberus, but in that form, she’s still a puppy. Despite her current engagement to the Crepe Tree, she finds Fohl to be cool. Mostly his transformation ability.
- Imya(Full Name Imya Lucullan Lisella Tereti Quariz)– A Lemo (Mole Type) Beast Man (Female) who was taken in by Naofumi due to her race being one that specializes in skilled labor. She has begun making clothing.
- Rat (Ratotyl Anthreya)– A skilled alchemist who specializes in monsters. She was kicked out of work by a Seven Star Hero, who said her research was a sin against God. Her goal in life is to create the perfect monster to fight in the wave, in order to make the public think that monsters can be helpful as well. She hopes this will eventually lead to Monster Human Equality.
- Sadina– An Orca demi-human and a former villager. She is quite strong, and is admired by the other villagers. She loves to drink, and wants to marry Naofumi, because he beat her in a drinking contest. If her magic runs low, she takes on a more human-like form.
- Atlas– Fohl’s sister. A Hakuko (White Tiger) demi-human with a hereditary disease. She could neither see nor walk. After drinking the Yggdrasil Medicine, her condition has improved somewhat and she can walk, but not see. Her lack of vision has heightened her other senses letting her sense things beyond human perception. She began pursuing Naofumi for impure reasons, and this culminated in her sacrificing her life to save his.
- Old Granny– An old woman who states that her level is the same as her age. She hit the level cap. A long time ago. The sole successor of the Hengen Musou style of martial arts. Now Naofumi’s combat instructor.
- Ad Balloon – A Balloon mixed in with the eggs the slaves found. Naofumi uses it for advertising by tying it to the carriage.
- Piyo– A special Filo Rial, and Firo’s only disciple. A different species from the rest. By Motoyasu’s influence, he has become a King. Though he is highly intelligent, and capable of Human Speech, he acts like a stupid animal to gain Naofumi’s attention.
- Raph-chan– Rafu~ rafufu TALI! Riyariya tali rafu~. Rafuta rafu liya tali tali. Futa tali rafu tali lia.
- Dunes– A species of worm-like monsters that Naofumi has left the care of the soil to.
- Caterpillands– A species of caterpillar-like monster that Naofumi has left the care of the Bioplants to. They can also be used for transportation.
- There are more, but they don’t have names as of yet
- Accessory Merchant– A prominent merchant who respects Naofumi’s greed. He taught him many things about crafting.
- Bitch (Former Malty Melromarc)– The princess of Melromarc that tricked Naofumi and made him into what he is today. Her name is a punishment for said acts. She has not repented for a single second and always tries to find ways to eliminate Naofumi as she believes it is his fault that her name is stuck as Bitch. She has a twisted personality and tries to manipulate everyone. Uses fire magic and a bit of wind. She discarded the Spear and the Sword. Her current location is unknown. Alternative acceptable names (By royal decree) are Whore and Slut. Naofumi also combined Whore and Bitch to form Witch. Thinking it was a surprisingly fitting name, he submitted it to the Queen and got it approved, however the name is actually less insulting to English audiences. Current Status Deceased… Oh wait, surprise, surprise. No, now she’s dead for sure…right?
- Woman 2– On Bitch’s side. Uses Magic
- Shadow– A ninja-like person who serves the queen. He/She watches over Naofumi and used to be Melty’s bodyguard. Her way of speech is strange as it amused Melty.
- The Pope– Pope of the Three Saints religion that makes the Shield Hero out as a devil. He masterminded many events, and tried to kill all of the heroes. He believes that the summoned heroes are false prophets and that the Shield is evil. His weapon was able to replicate the powers of the legendary weapons to some extent. If he had summoned the Shield, things may have gone better for him. Current Status: Deceased
- The Bandits– A group of bandits that have the misfortune of running into Naofumi again, and again. Naofumi has made it a policy to rob them of all of their wealth whenever they meet. Eventually, to deal with the country’s bandit problem as a whole, Naofumi enlisted their leader to be State-Sanctioned Robin Hood.